Shiela Marie D.C. de Leon
Prof. Shiela Marie D.C. de Leon is a College Professor with analytical and detail-oriented language and literature professional leveraging recent training in education and MOOC to excel as Module Developer/Writer for online courses. She possesses the following qualifications:
- Language: Well-versed in linguistics and language theories and their application. Taught Introduction to Linguistics for ten years.
- Literature: Mastered many great literary works. Has taught World Literature for twelve years.
- Criticism: Familiar with critical analysis of literature. Taught Literary Criticism for two years.
- Communication Theories. Able to apply communication theories in research, linguistics, and literary studies. Taught Introduction to Communication Theories for five years.
- Key Strengths: Finely-tuned analytical skills with a dedication to expanding subject knowledge and workplace competencies through continuing training and self-study.
Education and Credentials
She obtained the following degrees:
MA Education Major in English La Consolacion University On-going
MA English Studies University of the Philippines Diliman 30 Units
LLB (Bachelor of Law) Bulacan State University November 2007-March 2008
BA English Studies: Language University of the Philippines Diliman Graduated 2007
At Bulacan State University, she has the following qualifications:
As Instructor 1
Teaches World Literature, Introduction to Linguistics, Literary Criticism, Communication Theories. Serves as a member of the panel of critics during thesis defense. Creates syllabi for new subjects to be offered in the university such as Great Books, Literature for Social Change, Ancient and Modern Classics.
She also served in various administrative posts as follows:
- CAL Research Coordinator (February 2018-December 2018)
- Faculty Assistant to the Vice President for Research and Extension (February 2017-February 2018)
At the Asian Institute for Distance Education, she has written the module/s for the course Bachelor of Arts in English.